ABOUT THE 2023 GRATEFUL GOBBLER 5K!
The Crown Automotive Group Grateful Gobbler 5K Walk/Run will take place once again on Thanksgiving morning. Walkers will gather at Coolidge Park for festivities before the 8:00 a.m. start. 100% of the proceeds of the walk will benefit the Maclellan Shelter for Families, an emergency homeless shelter located on site at the Community Kitchen on 11th Street in Chattanooga. The Shelter features 13 units with 68 beds for families experiencing homelessness. The Shelter provides a stable environment for families to remain together as they search for permanent housing solutions.
From now through the month of November, Grateful Gobbler volunteers will be present throughout the community seeking your support for the Shelter. Please consider taking a moment today to find a way you can be involved. 100% of all registration fees, sponsorships, and donations to the Grateful Gobbler will directly benefit homeless families, guaranteed!
You can have your t-shirt mailed to you or you can pick your packet up prior to the event.
What: 24th Annual Grateful Gobbler 5K Walk, Presented by Crown Automotive Group
When: Thanksgiving Morning, November 23 at 8:00 am.
Where: Coolidge Park, 150 River St, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Why: To build community support and provide funding for the Maclellan Shelter for Families and homeless services
- Individual Registration (Ages 13+, ship shirt): $35
- Individual Registration (Ages 13+, pick up shirt): $30
- Junior Registration (Ages 6-12, ship shirt): $20
- Junior Registration (Ages 6-12, pick up shirt): $15
- Sleepwalker (No shirt): $20
- Saturday, November 18th 9am-12pm @ 426 Market Street Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Wednesday, November 22nd 10am-4pm @ Coolidge Park, 150 River St, Chattanooga, TN
- Thursday, November 23rd 6:30am-8am @ Coolidge Par, 150 River St, Chattanooga, TN
If you chose to have your shirt mailed, those will be mailed out on Wednesday, November 14th. If you order after November 14th and choose to have your shirt shipped, we will do our best to get them to you by Thanksgiving, but can’t guarantee it.
If you would like to make an additional donation, below are some suggested amounts:
- $1,400 – Electricity for the shelter for one month.
- $850 – Water for the shelter for one month.
- $300 – Food for one family for one month.
- $75 – Toiletries for one family for one month.
- $64 – Laundry for one family for one month.
- $28 – Cleaning supplies for one family for one month.
Thank you for your support!
2023 Grateful Gobbler 5K Map
After 12 years of selfless service as the Race Directors of the Grateful Gobbler Walk, Stan and Betsy McCright are announcing their retirement. This dynamic duo with hearts of gold have devoted thousands of hours supporting the Gobbler and the Maclellan Shelter for Families. We hope you’ll join us in thanking the McCrights for their passionate leadership and dear friendship.
While Stan and Betsy are retiring from hands-on involvement with the Gobbler, you’ll still see Betsy’s leadership as a member of our Board of Directors. And, keep an eye out for some great news as we announce the Honorary Co-Chairs for the 2023 Grateful Gobbler in the coming weeks.
Although the Gobbler Walk’s leadership is in the midst of an expected transition, our commitment to the community is not. As in the past, 100% of the monies raised will benefit the families at The Maclellan Shelter for Families.
We are looking forward to seeing families and friends on Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 23) as we #gobbleon to support homeless families.